Step 4 - Hand Massage
Performing a hand massage regularly will help strengthen your nails and skin, as well as giving your mind great relaxation.
What you need is...
- Massage cream such as body cream and oil (any massage oil or olive oil for cooking)
- 2 unused plastic gloves or 2 unused small plastic bags
- Steamed towel (soak a towel in water, wring tighly and put it in the microwave for 1 minute. Please be careful not to burn yourself with this hot towel!!
Hand & Hand Massage Procedure
- Take cream (approx 1 inch / 3cm in diameter) and rub in between your hands to warm up the temperature.
- Spread the cream across the hand and forearm of one arm.
- Place your fingers in a crossed position and squeeze them firmly, as you move them back and forth. Feel the base of the fingers getting skinnier.
- Push up in between bones of the palm with the thumb. Knead the base of the thumb gently in a circular motion.
- Using the thumb, push in a circular motion, starting from the back of the wrist, moving up to the elbow.
- Repeat Steps 1 to 5 on the other hand and arm.
- Rub the remaining massage cream into the skin until the stickiness is gone. If there is too much cream remaining, you can wipe off the excess with a steamed towel.