Step 2: Acrylic Nail Application
Let's see how acrylic nail application would be done for acrylic nail extensions!!
What you need is...
- Forms for acrylic nails
- Small Scissors
- Dappen Dish
- Orangewood Stick
- Acrylic Liquid (Monomer)
- Paper Towel
- Acrylic Powder (Polymer)
- Brush for Acrylic Nails
- Remove the sticker from the centre of the from and stick it to the back to strengthen the form.
- Check the shape of the hyponychium (where the nail separates from the skin), and then cut the edge of the form in the shape.
- Apply the form on the hyponichium (along the skin right under the nail). Make sure the centre line of the form comes to the centre of the nail.
- Stick the sides of the form together at the bottom.
- Please check the angle of the form.
How to Pick Acrylic Mixture
- Dip the brush into the acrylic liquid gently and let the brush absorb enough acrylic liquid.
- Lightly touch the surface of acrylic powder with one side of the brush for 1 second to pick the acrylic powder. There is no need to turn the brush to pick when using a small brush.
- This wet acrylic powder is called "Acrylic Mixture". At first, the mixture looks dotty and then it becomes smooth like a jelly bean in 5 to 10 seconds.
- These are the different consistencies of acrylic mixture. Try to make the perfect consistency every time.
- In this tutorial, I use terms such as tiny, small, medium and large depending on the size of the acrylic mixture that I would like you to pick.
- Please make sure to wipe the brush in between each pick on a paper towel to keep both the brush and liquid clean.